Senior Data Engineer
JazzHR's engineering team builds cutting-edge products designed to provide a better hiring experience for both applicants and hiring teams.
We tackle big technical challenges for systems at the scale every day.
Our team is built on mutual respect and trust. We emphatically embrace a culture of continued learning and growth and are empowered to innovate, explore, and utilize our expertise to craft the right solutions for our customers.
Our team values kindness and curiosity, driven by the desire to try, reflect and adapt. This is a fully remote role with the continental United States.
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer who will be crucial to JazzHR’s continued growth and success. The Senior Data Engineer will work closely with engineers to ensure optimal data delivery and consistent architecture across all projects. The right candidate will be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products across millions of records and thousands of organizations. Are you excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives? We’d love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture
- Create data structures that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Support infrastructure for messaging, extraction, transformation, and loading of data to/from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS databases.
- Oversee retirement or replacement of legacy databases that may require migration.
- Leverage analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights to our customers and our internal business partners.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secured for both our customer's multi-tenanted environments as well as regulatory compliance for international customers.
- Work closely and support our sysops team to ensure proper monitoring, management, and maintenance of the database technologies.
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years of experience of SQL knowledge and experience working with non Microsoft databases such as MySQL, query authoring, and query debugging and optimization.
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as Redshift.
- Experience with document/search technologies such as Solr and Elasticsearch and how best to troubleshoot and optimize those tools.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets such as Kafka and Airflow.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. We’re the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and small businesses from all industries. We're proud of our accomplishments - click here to see more!
Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses of all sizes with powerful solutions for recruiting a diverse workforce. Through its JazzHR and Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services, Employ serves more than 12,000 customers across all industries. For more information, visit www.employinc.com.
JazzHR and Employ are equal opportunity employers. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.