JazzHR's engineering team builds cutting-edge products designed to provide a better hiring experience for both applicants and hiring teams. We tackle big technical challenges for systems at scale every day.
Our team is built on mutual respect and trust. We emphatically embrace a culture of continued learning and growth, and are empowered to innovate, explore, and utilize our expertise to craft the right solutions for our customers.
Our team values kindness and curiosity, driven by the desire to try, reflect, and adapt.
We’re seeking an experienced engineer to join our Systems and Infrastructure team.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain a high level of availability and quality of service for the JazzHR SaaS application hosted on AWS
- Assist in migrating service workers to Kubernetes
- Design and implement policies for service redundancy and scaling
- Architect, improve, maintain, and add automation to new and existing systems
- Write and maintain software to support the operation, development, deployment and testing of business-focused SaaS applications
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Work successfully as a part of a team and independently
- Make decisions and solve problems
- Communicate requirements, strategies, and risks effectively
- Participate in a low-volume on-call rotation to handle escalated alarms
What you'll bring:
- 1-2 years full-time (or significant professional/personal) experience as a Linux systems administrator or engineer
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement
- Understanding of the DevOps mindset and culture
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud providers
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible and Saltstack
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions like Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic, etc
- Solid scripting skills (BASH, Python)
- Familiarity with container systems such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Great communication skills with a willingness to pair/swarm on critical issues and engage with your teammates to solve challenging problems
Nice to have:
- Experience with NoSQL datastores and search engines such as Mongo and Elasticsearch
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins and GitHub Actions
- Competency in relational SQL databases such as MySQL
- Experience with IaC tooling such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- A strong understanding of web technologies such as REST APIs
- Experience with securing systems
This is a remote-friendly position. Team members are welcome to work from home or from our offices – however you work best!
JazzHR has raised the bar in the recruiting software industry, with many of our innovations becoming industry-standard. We’re the first company to put powerful, yet easy-to-use recruiting software in the hands of startups, growing companies, and small businesses from all industries. We're proud of our accomplishments - click here to see more!
Employ empowers organizations of all sizes to overcome their greatest recruiting and talent acquisition challenges. Offering a combination of purpose-built intelligent software technologies, services, and industry expertise, Employ provides businesses of all sizes with powerful solutions for recruiting a diverse workforce. Through its JazzHR, Lever, and Jobvite technologies, and NXTThing RPO services, Employ serves more than 12,000 customers across all industries. For more information, visit www.employinc.com.
JazzHR and Employ are equal opportunity employers. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, age or any other status protected by the laws and regulations where we operate.